Your hair extension maintenance is highly important, this will guarantee your
hair looks amazing for much longer.
- Please do not wash your hair for 48 hours after the application of your hair extensions. This allows your hair extension bonds to completely set, creating a really strong and durable attachment between the keratin and your hair.
- Please ensure you condition you hair daily so it will not dry or split. Only condition from the mid-lengths of your hair to the ends. Do not condition your roots, as this will cause the bonds to loosen and possibly fall out.
- Never leave your hair wet in a towel for longer then 10 minutes. You may either use a blow dryer set on low heat or, allow your hair to air-dry naturally. Never leave your hair wet in a ponytail; this will prevent the bonds from drying thoroughly which over time will make them weak.
- Never go to bed with wet hair. Always pull hair loosely into a ponytail or braid while sleeping. Only use a scrunchie, as a hair-tie will tangle the hair while you sleep.
- Always brush your hair prior to washing to avoid tangles. Brush your hair slowly and gently and use your fingers to press down on extension bonds at the scalp for extra support.
- Use of a proper extension brush is highly recommended, which you can purchase from us for $45.
- When brushing your hair please be gentle, remember your natural hair is attached to the extensions. If you pull too hard this may result in the loss of extensions and your natural hair. Do not play with your extension bonds, do not pull, twist, or pick them in any way.
- Daily brushing close to scalp and careful separation of extensions will help avoid matting.
- Please only use the products we recommend during your consultation, as certain products can dissolve or warp the bonds.
- Use of hair spray is not recommended, for advice on all other products please ask your stylist. However, under no circumstances, ever use oil based products around the bonds, such as serums or soothing balms.
- All extensions are applied by using 100% human hair so the use of straightening irons and curling wands are fine. However, do not use any hot appliances directly on the bonds, stay at least 1-2 inches away from your roots as they will cause your extension bonds to melt.
- Please do not leave your extensions in for longer than the recommended time for your natural hair type.
- Do not bleach or lighten the extensions at home
- Please have your regrowth coloured by one of the Elite professional stylists as we know how to work with our own extensions better than anyone else!
- Daily shedding of some extension hair is normal and nothing to worry about. Since every persons average natural hair loss is between 50-150 hairs a day, you can expect a small quantity of naturally released hairs in the bonds.
- Losing between 4-10 bonds per month is normal but we would recommend coming in for a checkup if you are finding this reoccurring.