Is your hair constantly oily and heavy? Do you dream of luscious locks that bounce around as though you have just stepped out of a salon?
The harsh Queensland sun is often brutal on both hair and skin. The drying effect can result in oil glands trying to overcompensate. Rest assured it is not much to ask for runway gorgeous hair and here are a few tips to get you on the right track!
1. Cut back how often you wash your hair. Frequent washing strips out the essential oils and your body automatically makes more to replenish them. Cutting down this process will help your body ease up on the oil release.
2. Select shampoo and conditioner to suit the style of your hair. Avoid hydrating and moisturising varieties.
3. When applying conditioner just add to the tips instead of the roots/scalp. Your ends tend to be the driest and this can help return a balance.
4. Avoid heavy or oil-based styling products. Stick to natural solutions or ones that cater specifically to oily hair.
5. Mix a half cup of lemon juice with three cups of water and apply to your hair. This is a great natural remedy as the acidic base of the lemon absorbs excess oil.
Be mindful of your diet also as this often contributes to both skin and hair condition.